SPARKS — The American Exploration & Mining Association’s 123rd annual meeting, exposition and short courses will open Monday, Dec. 4 at the Nugget Casino Resort in Sparks.
The annual meeting is the largest annual gathering of the mineral exploration and junior mining sector in the U.S. and provides business and social networking opportunities featuring 250 exhibitors, a core shack, eight short courses, two field trips to area mines and 27 technical sessions with more than 100 speakers bringing more than 2,000 people to the Reno area, the organization reported in a press release.
• Registration Opens – 3 p.m. Dec. 3rd
• Awards & Recognition Reception – 6 p.m. Dec. 5
• Exhibit Hall Opens – 9 a.m. Dec. 6th
• Welcoming Keynote Luncheon with speaker Casey Hammond, deputy assistant secretary for Land & Minerals Management, Department of the Interior – 12 p.m. Dec. 6 (tickets available for purchase at registration)
• Welcoming Reception – 5:30 p.m. Dec. 6
• Industry Outlook Luncheon with speaker Tony Jensen, president and CEO of Royal Gold, Inc. – 12 p.m. Dec. 7 (tickets available for purchase at registration)
• Happy Hour Reception – 5:30 p.m. Dec. 7
• Young Professionals Reception – 6:30 p.m. Dec. 7
• Exhibit Hall Closes – 12 p.m. Dec. 8
Advanced registration is closed, but participants can register on-site. For the full schedule of events, visit www.miningamerica.org.