ELKO - The number of building permits issued in Elko County nearly doubled in June compared to the same month last year, and total valuation more than quadrupled.
In June, 107 building permits were issued, compared to 59 last year.
Total valuation climbed from about $860,000 in June 2009 to about $3.87 million last month.
Construction of new residential structures continues to increase.
There were 38 permits with a valuation of $1.21 million last month, compared with nine permits with a valuation of about $240,000 in June 2009.
Six permits were issued for new industrial structures last month, with a valuation of nearly $2 million. There weren't any industrial permits issued in June 2009.
One of the new industrial structures is a wastewater treatment facility, valued at $641,000, for Elko County.
Another was a public water system well house building, valued at $1.27 million, for the golf course in Jackpot.
Following is a list of June county permit applications, including the project's owner, location, description and value.
• Industrial- new: Elko County, 1820 Pond Drive, wastewater treatment facility building, $641,000; Elko County Golf Course, 505 Lady Luck Drive, public water system well house building, $1.27 million
• Industrial- miscellaneous accessory structures: SAS Global Corp., 9102 E. Idaho St., canopy and crane, $48,325
• Agriculture- miscellaneous accessory structures: Chad and La Donna Smith, 2663 Mountain View Drive, detached garage, $40,207
• Commercial- remodel/repair: John S. Dinsmore, 2760 Lamoille Highway, change U1 to B, $57,540
• Commercial- miscellaneous accessory structures: Moriartry Properties, 1246 Silver State Drive, barn, $10,368; Creative Kids Co-Cop, 19 Licht Parkway, sun shade, $1,200
• Residential- new: Charles and Janet Cronin, Twin Bridges, new residential structure, new underground home, $139,803; Peter Freigang, 435 Four Mile Trail, new residential structure with attached garage, $124,366; American Foundation for Charity Support, 467 Four Mile Trail, new residential structure, $107,793; David and Tammy Bawcom, 24 Diamondback Drive, new covered porch, $149,092; Blaine and Sue Branscomb, 771 Rose Hip Court, new residential structure, $117,304; Billat Construction, 115 Bluecrest Place, new residential structure, $139,436; Grover F. Glasner Trust, 449 Topaz Ave., new residential structure, $85,112; Smiley Beef, 2800 Ruby Home Ranch Drive (north exit), new residential structure with detached garage, $345,185
• Residential- addition: Joseph W. III and Francy Royer, 870 Woodside Lane, new addition and remodel, $13,771
• Residential- miscellaneous accessory structures: Peter Freigang, 435 Four Mile Trail, new garage, $15,673; Peter Freigang, 467 Four Mile Trail, attached garage, $15,573; David and Tammy Bawcom, 24 Diamondback Drive, attached garage, $14,430; Dave and Debra Armuth, 2131 Ruby Home Ranch Drive, detached garage, $45,504; Roland G. and Donelle T. Brown, 522 Trentwood Drive, deck, $5,472; Billat Construction, 115 Bluecrest Place, attached garage, $13,531; Grover F. Glasner Trust, 449 Topaz Ave., attached garage, $15,562; Maughan Construction, 402 Flora Drive, detached garage, $10,920; Smiley Beef, 2800 Ruby Home Ranch (north exit), new detached garage, $30,702; Kim and Debra Morris, 545 Stageline Loop, self-supporting attached garage, $30,702; Gerald L. and Roberta J. White, 498 Shadybrook Drive, addition to building, $9,845; Denis Gibbons, 427 Diamondback Drive, detached garage, $45,504; Kenneth E. and Leasa Hermansen, 485 Rawlings Drive, new detached garage, $32,762; Tony Hawkes, 224 Nellie Lane, detached garage with electrical, $25,176; Kim and Debra Morris, 545 Stageline Loop, deck, $2,304; Aaron Yohey, 3418 Smith Canyon Road, detached garage, $60,844; Eric Von Mattern, 752 Ridgeway Road, detached garage, $6,153; George R. and Cheryl Sherrow, 4430 Nez Perce St., detached garage, $45,504
• Electrical: Dennis Proctor, 1028 Pershing Ave., new electrical permit, $6,750; Patrick and Joann Lickly, 1257 Dodge Ave., electrical service, $3,340; Juan Romero, 2428 Connecticut Ave., manufactured home and well electrical, $3,275; Steven P. Safford, Clover Valley, well electrical service, $3,275; Dennis Proctor, 1028 Pershing Ave., new electrical permit, $2,937; Dennis Proctor, 1028 Pershing Ave., well electrical permit phase III, $3,587; Thomas and Pamela Bergman, seven to eight miles northeast of Montello, electrical service, $3,012; Smiley Beef, 2800 Ruby Home Ranch Drive (north exit), new 100 amp electrical service, $2,500; Timothy and Sonja Locke, 1901 Westlund Drive, well electrical service, $3,325; Michael L. and Audra E. Dana, 6963 Indian Hills Drive, new electrical service for new set manufactured home, $2,500; H. Russell McMullen, 2300 Lower South Fork Road, well and electrical service, $3,275; Harry J. and Dixie R. Botsford, 939 Jarbidge Ave., adding meter for solar, $3,275
• Manufactured foundation: Gustavo Cortez, 4081 Pueblo Ave., foundation system with electrical, $18,412; B & B Investments, 3241 Avocet St., foundation system, $16,800; Ramon Lopez, 471 Merino Drive, foundation system, $14,930; Maughan Construction, 402 Flora Drive, deck foundation system, $19,920; Eric Ray Cahoon, 386 Berry Creek Court, foundation system, $24,000; Dee Marci Duval, 6421 Horsehaven Drive, foundation system with electrical, $17,942
• Mechanical: Diana L. Heilman, 3535 W. Bullion Road, gas line furnace replacement, $2,820