ELKO — The Elko County Republican Party will host a “Mega Meet and Greet” at 1 p.m. Saturday at Mattie’s Sports Bar and Grill to give voters a chance to meet with candidates.
Republican and nonpartisan candidates for federal, state and local offices will be available to talk with individuals after they give brief statements to open the event, according to T.J. Robison, who handles public relations for the Elko party.
Candidates for the June 8 primary and November election who plan to attend include:
• U.S. Senate candidates Sharron Angle, Chad Christensen and Danny Tarkanian.
• Nevada Assembly candidates Dale Andrus and John Ellison.
• Nevada controller candidate Gregory Dagani.
• Nevada secretary of state candidate Rob Lauer.
• Nevada System of Higher Education Board of Regents candidates Kevin Melcher and Margaret Puccinelli.
• All three Elko County sheriff candidates: Sheriff Dale Lotspeich, Jim Pitts and Ken Wellington.
“This will be a great opportunity for people to ask the candidates questions and get the information they need to make informed choices for the primary coming up in June,” said Sean Fericks, Elko County Republican Executive Committee member and one of the event’s organizers.
Dan Johnson, another ECREC member and co-organizer, said the event is generating positive feedback from candidates and the community.
“We appreciate the enthusiastic response we’ve had from the candidates and would like to thank Mattie’s for sponsoring this event,” Johnson said. “Public reaction has also been very encouraging, and we hope that means we’ll have a good turnout and a lot of candidate-voter interaction at the event.”
Mattie’s Sports Bar and Grill is in the Elko Junction Shopping Center on Mountain City Highway near Raley’s Supermarket.
For more information, contact Fericks at 775-397-2994 or 738-6727 or visit www.elkonvgop.org.