Spring Creek soccer

Junior Jillian Driesbaugh works the ball downfield Friday. Behind her is sophomore Kattalin Lopategui.

ERIN LISTER, Elko Daily Correspondent

SPRING CREEK — Lady Spartan soccer suffer a loss against Truckee during their Homecoming contest Friday, on Spring Creek’s field.

The Lady Spartans battled a tough game against Truckee. Spring Creek fought hard to gain control of the ball, and the defense especially had their jobs cut out for them.

Spartan senior Kaitlyn McLeod had three attempts on the goal, while freshman Hailee Dixon had two. It was senior Ashley Child who pulled off the only goal for the Spartans.

false

Truckee had two penalty kicks in the first half and applied the pressure in the second half as well. Truckee player No. 11 led the game for their team with all five of the scored points.

false

The Spartans fought hard on the field, but just couldn’t pull it off.

“We didn’t play well tonight,” said head coach Kami Crowe. “First half we didn’t break down, weren’t first to, and just didn’t have any urgency. Second half was a bit better, but we had to move players around to get more offense.

false

“Lindsey Morrill and Kate Meisner played great tonight. Betsy Fellows got injured during the first half and Ashton Moon played keeper for our second half and only allowed one goal.”

Spring Creek Lady Spartans are hoping for better results Saturday, as they face up against Sparks.

Angry
0
Sad
0
Funny
0
Wow
0
Love
0

false
false
false
Load comments