ELKO — University of Nevada Cooperative Extension will present six “Grow Your Own, Nevada!” classes to provide information to homeowners, gardeners, landscapers and farmers who want their lawns to survive and thrive in a desert climate.
The series will run starting Tuesday through Sept. 25 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Elko office of the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, 701 Walnut St. via videoconference. Instructors include Kratsch, Cooperative Extension Horticulturist, Wendy Hanson Mazet and Urban Integrated Pest Management and Pesticide Safety Program Coordinator Melody Hefner.
The workshop topics will include:
• Tuesday: Designing a Water-Efficient Landscape
• Thursday: Preparing Your Soil
• Sept. 16: Selecting the Right Plants
• Sept. 18: Keeping Your Lawn Green and Healthy
• Sept. 23: Managing Pests in Your Landscape (Integrated Pest Management)
• Sept. 25: Caring for Your Landscape Plants
The class fee for those attending at the Elko County office is $15 per class or $40 for all six classes. Those taking all six classes will receive a copy of “Water-Efficient Landscaping in the Intermountain West.”
To register contact Candie Kevan at 775-738-7291. Persons in need of special accommodations or assistance should call at least three days prior to the scheduled event.