Subscribe for 33¢ / day
Barrick logo

ELKO — Barrick Gold Corp.’s gold production for the first quarter of this year totaled 1.05 million ounces, including 471,000 ounces from Barrick Nevada operations and 46,000 ounces from its 75 percent share of Turquoise Ridge in Nevada.

The Barrick Nevada operations include those at the Goldstrike and Cortez mining sites and the company’s 60 percent share of South Arturo. Premier Gold Mines Ltd. owns the other 40 percent.

The first-quarter production for this year is down from 1.31 million ounces company-wide in the first quarter of last year, according to the earnings report for the first quarter of 2017.

The report for the 2018 first quarter is preliminary. The company’s earnings report will released April 23.

The figures released this week also show gold sales were at 1.07 million ounces from all its operations, and 462,000 ounces from Barrick Nevada. Sales additionally included 63,000 ounces from Turquoise Ridge. Newmont Mining Corp. owns the other 25 percent of Turquoise Ridge.

Copper production was at 85 million pounds company-wide, and sales also were at 85 million pounds, according to the announcement from Toronto.

Barrick stated the average market price for gold in the first quarter was $1,329 per ounce, and the average price for copper was $3.16 per pound, 5 percent lower than the average first-quarter market price for copper due to pricing adjustments that reflect the downward trend in copper prices in the quarter.

0
0
0
0
0

Load comments