Skip to main contentSkip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit

NDF responds to power pole fire

  • 0

ELKO — A small fire on private property Tuesday afternoon was believed to be caused by a blown power pole transformer.

At about 1 p.m., Nevada Division of Forestry firefighters responded to the vacant lot off of Hamilton Stage Road about 15 miles south of Elko.

NDF firefighter Jamey Riley said the fire burned less than one acre of land. An unoccupied structure was about 100 feet away from the fire, but Riley said it was never threatened.

NDF believed the fire was caused by electrical equipment on a power pole on the property. Riley said a power company was going to check the pole.

Two NDF engines and a water tender responded to the fire. The firefighters had knocked it down completely by about 2:30 p.m., Riley said.

0 Comments
0
0
0
0
0

Locations

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Department 1 Judge Kriston HillMay 10Javier Madriz, 35, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit possession of a controlled substance and was se…

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News